Please do not call me babe. I want to start my zine with just that. I am not your property; something you can label as yours. I am not some misogynistic label machine. And I am not, I repeat, I am not yours for the taking. I am my own grrrl type thing.
Now that we have that out of the way;
I am happy to say this is my first posting for my zine. I doubt anyone will read it, but I won't let that get me down. Oh no, I won't let that a-break-a my stride. I'm goin to keep on truckin', keep on keepin on. . . well you get the idea.
A little about myself:
- My name is Tabitha. But I go by Tab from here on out. It's not the name my parents intended for me, but that's what attracted me to it.
- If I talk about anything "controversial" or something that might seem threatening to you then good. It means I have done my job as a writer.
- I usually don't write about something unless I have been through it myself. I might not come out and admit to you the reader that I have been through [insert topic], but you should just assume that I have. mmkk??
- I am a cancer so I am in tune with my emotions; but I also have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD fact sheet...), which means I have no emotional skin. I will be talking about living with it throughout my posts.
- I am nineteen years young and I will be turning twenty towards the end of june.
- I know most celebrities' zodiac sign; somethings I find interesting I remember forever.
- I have a passion for music and writing, among other things.
- Ma current favorite band as of today, April 9, 2009, is Le Tigre.
- I am constantly revamping, and consequently devamping.
- I desperately look up to Kathleen Hanna.
- I have a secret love, he is dead. All my soul mates are dead; ie Kurt Cobain.
- I am a feminist by necessity. I feel personally responsible for defending women. Well not just women, I defend gays, blacks; minorities in general. Basically anyone who gets shit on daily by the general public.
- I am not a lesbian.
- I am a gypsy, but I currently reside in Tulsa, Oklahoma with the 'rents.
- My favorite color is fuckyou. I think it has been dis-continued.
- My favorite writer is Sylvia Plath. There are way too many parallels that can be drawn between my life and her's.
- I don't watch tv. I don't read the news.
- I have a love/hate relationship with most things, including but not limited to: men, my parents, my sister Alex, the internet, etc.
Well you get the idea.